Proof that a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach
We don’t know why, but men seem to be a heck of a lot harder to buy for than women. They either never want anything or their hobbies are so extreme that it’s near impossible to buy a simple Father’s Day gift or birthday present that they’ll love.
But there is one thing that a man no matter what will love. Heck they need it in order to live so they have to like it! The answer is food, glorious food.
Despite what you think, even though he doesn’t take a photo for Instagram of each and every meal, he no doubt still has cravings and desires for certain tasting treats. Everyone seems to have a favourite from Dad’s favourite Turkish delight, to the husband’s admiration of craft beer, to your brother and his gluten-free food love and of course there’s your mate who is an aspiring MasterChef and just loves to cook.
If you don’t believe us, below are 10 convincing facts which support why a way to a man’s heart is most definitely through his stomach:
- Men love to barbeque – danger and fire are involved, why wouldn’t they love it?
- Men enjoy long romantic walks to the beer fridge
- Man food is taking over Pinterest
- They carry an apple around with them everywhere, otherwise known as their Adam’s Apple
- Men NEED meat and gravy
- Dads are choosing to spend more time in the kitchen with the number of stay-at-home father’s doubling over the past decade according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Males have come up with and created some amazing dishes from nachos by Ignacio ‘Nacho’ Anaya a Mexican restaurateur to Caesar Cardini who is said to be the creator of the Caesar salad and then there is the Margherita Pizza by Chef Raffaele Esposito who made the pizza to imitate the Italian flag for Queen Margherita of Savoy
- Footy Grand Final Day priorities: 1. Where to watch the game 2. Who’s bringing the beer 3. Where are my party pies and sausage rolls?
- Doing and watching food challenges. There’s a reason guys are typically always the driving force behind gorging on food. The guys behind Man Vs. Food and Epic Meal Time are known as heroes to men folk
So there you have it. Men love food and they’ll love you for giving them the gift of food! Here at Just In Time Gourmet we were let in on this little secret of male food love some time ago and we have put together a range of pre-designed hampers specifically for him as well as acquiring a number of products to go in your ‘create your own hamper’ for that bloke in your life.
That once hard to buy for man is now a synch to shop for, and you can do it all from the comfort of your couch in your pyjamas! Alternatively you can always splurge on one of our dinner kit hampers, like the Mamma Mia pasta hamper, and spoil him with a night of home-made cooking and copious amounts of his favourite beverage.
To make your online shopping experience for him even easier we have put some trusted suggestions below:
- Spoil Dad with a tasty Fathers Day Hamper
- Does he enjoy ‘man time’ at the BBQ? King Of The Grill Gourmet BBQ is right up his alley
- Is he a caffeine addict? Look no further than a gift box full of coffee goodies
- Is he gluten-free? The No-Grainer GF gift hamper is perfect for him!
- Does he love chocolate? The Man Cave chocolate is the manliest on the market
- If he loves drinking it, he’ll sure love adding it to his food with the Cooking With Beer Cookbook
- You can never go wrong with a giant mug telling Dad he’s a bloody legend or he’s that he’s earned the title of King Dad
- If he’s a bit of a wizz in the kitchen, then look no further than a Don’t Mess With The Chef Apron by Ogilvies Designs
- Chilli lover? We have all sorts of chilli products to help you turn up the heat
- Seafood fanatic? The Show Me Your Mussels gift hamper is perfect to create the ultimate seafood dish