Introducing Latasha’s Kitchen
With a signature quote of “Cook with love, cook with passion, cook with a generous heart” and a devoted following of gourmet loving patrons, we have been very keen to add the Latasha’s Kitchen products to our range. An ever expanding range of high quality home style curry pastes, sauces, chutneys and dressings, Latasha has set out to cater to all tastes.
Latasha’s Kitchen products reflect the distinctive traditions of food from generations ago from South Asia and South-east Asia, that are incredibly easy and versatile to use. They are inspired by Latasha’s uncompromised passion and knowledge of her craft and a desire to help others create their own authentic cuisine. All being preservative and gluten free, with no artificial fillers or flavour enhancers, Latasha’s products will have you cooking up delicious feasts for all your friends and family.
If you have had the opportunity to taste her products at any of the many expos she exhibits at, including regularly at Perth Upmarket, Good Food and Wine Show and many local Farmers Markets, you will know how passionate Latasha is, and that she puts her heart and soul in to create incredible products with exceptional flavour. Make sure you drop by her stand at the upcoming Perth Upmarket on Sunday 28th September, 2014, she will have plenty for you to try and fall in love with.
Latasha has recently added another range to her existing well-known range, with 3 relishes and 3 dressings and a jar of Chocolate Cherry sauce that is to die for, very very decadent, that you could quite easily eat straight out of the jar or heated and poured over any number of desserts.
So with a new range, comes lots and lots of experiments for us to create many of her suggested meals, so off to the kitchen we go, just divine!!
But before we go, this is one of our favourites so far, Butter Chicken, enjoy!
Definitely a family favourite of ours, just the right amount of tanginess, spiciness and sweetness.
Serves 6 people.
½ Jar Latasha’s Kitchen Butter Chicken Sauce
Water as required
¼ cup white vinegar
½ cup yoghurt and 3 tbsp cream; whipped up
1-2 tbsp almond meal
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt to taste
1kg boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
1 heaped tbsp sweet paprika
Pinch of salt
1 flat tbsp almond meal
½ tbsp yoghurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Marinate chicken thigh pieces with sweet paprika, salt, yoghurt and lemon juice for 10 minutes.
- Oil a baking tray, place chicken on the tray as flat as possible then sprinkle over the almond meal. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile heat a large saucepan with a little oil, add ½ jar of Latasha’s Kitchen Butter Chicken sauce and ½ cup of water, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Simmer for 10 minutes. When roasted chicken is ready, cut into pieces then pour into the pan with all the juices.
- Simmer for another 5-10 minutes then turn off the flame. Cool, then just before serving, stir in whipped yoghurt, cream, lemon juice and almond mixture. Garnish with chopped coriander and green chillies (optional).